Sunday, August 29, 2010

Dehydrating Apples

Have you ever bought too many apples ... 
and they began to "borderline rot"
before they could all be eaten fresh?

Although my girls LOVE apples,
this seems to happen often at Mama's house.


For the past week, I've had my eye on our apple bin ...
and, day by day, I'd watch the subtle changing of the skins.

Last night I knew something had to be done.


I soaked the sliced apples ...
one teaspoon lemon juice per one quart of water ...
in two quarts of lemon water for a couple of hours.


Then placed the slices on my little trays, and stacked.


And twenty-four hours later,
ALL OF THOSE APPLES
(count eleven)
fit neatly into one jar ...
and they will keep for a very long time.


Excellent sweet snack!   
No waste!
Pretty on a shelf!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...