Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Australia Comes to Texas

Laura is Abilene High Eagle's Varsity Men's Basketball Manager.

She made three batches of cookies for this special event ...
I had to go see what all her fuss was about.

I'm glad I did.

Australia came to Texas to play some B-Ball.

Our boys looked small next to them ...
our starters ranged from 5'9 to 6'3.

The Aussie's, on the other hand, were giants.
Their starters ranged from 6'1 to 6'8.

And they were aggressive ... I'm talking, AGGRESSIVE.

But they were the friendliest, funniest, jolliest, aggressive giants
I've ever had the pleasure to meet, and watch.

We trailed behind 15-20 points the whole game.

Until the last three minutes.

Then our small boys showed how big their heart was.

My Tweets over there pretty much say it all.

* I love high school basketball ... love it ........

* We're losing pretty bad but its still an aussie awesome game ........

* Well we farted around and won ... from 20 points behind last 3 minutes of game !!!!!!!

We won 59-56 ... or something like that ...
major, successive three-pointers there toward the end to catch up,
and then to take the lead in the final .084 seconds. 

It was exhilarating.


There I am under the green arrow.


A fine group of mates, they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...