Monday, July 5, 2010

Family: Fourth of July

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our Fourth of July Celebration,
at Mama Crow's house, 
was uneventful
as far as festivities go.

It rained most of the day, and
we did not go anywhere.

I take that back ... we went to
El Chico's for supper.

Then we spent the rest
of the evening getting ready,
and packing, for Lindsey and Laura's
(my teen-aged daughters)
week-long summer camp in East Texas.
They leave at 7:15 in the morning,
and I will miss them.

I did manage to spend some time in deep reflection today  ...
upon the liberties we still have
in this country,
and upon my mother's 65 years
on this earth.

I have a lot to be thankful for.

My mother, Linda, was born in Sweetwater, Texas
on July 4, 1945.

She is as shy as I am
when it comes to having her photo taken.

Below is one of my favorite snapshots of her.

She is holding Nani Wayne aka Miss Field Lab 2010
(November 4, 2005)
and, honestly, my mother hasn't changed much at all.


I love my mother ... one hell of a lady, she is.

Oh, and if you are wondering why the day wasn't spent with her ...
she had been at my sister's house in Wimberley
for the past week, and didn't get home until later.

I was on the phone with her when Bo surprised her ...
she hadn't seen him since his return last weekend.

I think her birthday was perfect :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The following photos I can thank our long-time family friend, Angie, for.

She came back to Buffalo Gap (from Austin) to visit again,
and spent some more time with my little brother ...
maybe she'll pop in and give us a little narrative?

(hint, hint)
Here they are, again, at Tom Perini's Ranch.
I'm assuming Bo finally got his steak?
Angie and Bo

Bo and, his girlfriend(?) Kaysha

It has been over nine years since Bo got to celebrate
July 4th ... and play with firecrackers ...
since he's been in Europe all this time.

So he was HAPPY.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And here is Angie and Bo
for some night-time sparkles.

I wish I could have been there.


I love y'all.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

13 comments:

  1. Looks like everyone had fun. Great pictures. I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God's blessings too you. Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by, Lloyd. How did you find me? I find this all so fascinating!

    I'll check your blog later today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need your number Brooke! We would have loved nothing more than for y'all to join us! I'm so glad Bo finally saw his momma! And I love your momma too! <3 Happy birthday Linda!!!
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll get it to you (my number) another way besides HERE :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my love <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Margaret Speed AmbroseJuly 5, 2010 at 3:58 PM

    Bo looks so much like your dad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret Speed AmbroseJuly 5, 2010 at 3:59 PM

    Love the pic of Linda too!! You are blessed to call her Mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, Miss Thang :)

    Thank you, Margie. Bo DOES look like Dad, doesn't he!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Mom looks amazing! She hasn't aged at all(How ever she does it....I want to know!!!) What happened to that little brother he's all grown up now! What was he been doing in Europe? You look beautiful, just as I remember you. Your profile pic reminds me alot of Brandy when we were younger!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think everyone had a good 4th. I invite you over to visit my blog and follow it also if you wish. I'm a new follower of yours now,.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michell!!! Blast from the past!! Thank you for stopping by, and for saying hello! How is your mom?!?

    Hello Covenant Keeper ... I will visit your site very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Pics! Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All is very well, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...